The winners of the Meat Management Industry Awards 2021 have been revealed at a black-tie ceremony held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 9th September.
The Awards are a celebration of the creativity, innovation and excellence of the UK’s meat industry. The award winners are determined through reader votes and product entries, along with a select judging panel for product evaluation.
The ceremony was co-presented by football legend Kevin Keegan OBE and publisher of both Meat Management and Food Management Today magazines, Graham Yandell.
The initiative recognises the very best of the UK meat industry, rewarding the companies, organisations, products and suppliers across 20 different categories.
The Excellence Award title went to Rob Smith, UK market director of Danish Crown and chairman of PTF. Another of the night’s most prestigious awards, Young Manager of the Year, was won by Jade Brewer, account manager red meat at Kepak.
The 2021 winners are:
- The Catering Butcher Award – Owen Taylor & Sons Ltd
- Best Trade Organisation – British Meat Processors Association (BMPA)
- Best Online Business – H Clewlow Butchers
- Best Equipment/Machinery Supplier – Interfood Technology Ltd
- Training Scheme of the Year – M.E.A.T (Ipswich) Ltd
- Young Manager of the Year – Jade Brewer, account manager red meat at Kepak
- Britain’s Best Butcher’s Shop – Dale’s Traditional Butchers – Cumbria
- Supermarket/Multiple Meat Retailer of the Year – Waitrose
- Britain’s Best Sausage – Waitrose 6 British Pork & Caramelised Red Onion Sausages, by Walkers Deli & Sausage Company.
- Britain’s Best Burger – Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference 2 Smoked British Beef Burgers, by Dunbia
- Britain’s Best Meat Pie – Marks & Spencer Large Beef Wellington, by Linden Foods
- Best Bacon Product – Co-op Irresistible Maple Cured Streaky Bacon, by Pilgrim’s UK
- Best Free From Product – Porky Lights’ Lower Fat Sausage, by Porky Whites Limited
- Best Poultry Product – Morrisons Chinese Chicken Stir Fry Meal Kit, by Cranberry Foods / Avara
- Best Beef Product – Asda Extra Special Thick Cut Sirloin Steak, by ABP
- Best Pork/Pigmeat Product – Sainsbury’s Low & Slow Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Kit, by Cranswick PLC
- Best Lamb Product – Marks & Spencer Master Grill Lamb Cutlets with Garlic and Herb Marinade, by Scotbeef
- Best Red Meat Product – Marks & Spencer Master Grill Lamb Cutlets with Garlic and Herb Marinade, by Scotbeef
- Manufacturer of the Year – Dunbia
- The Meat Management Excellence Award – Rob Smith, UK market director of Danish Crown and chairman of PTF
Graham Yandell, publisher of Meat Management magazine, said: “It is a real privilege to stage these Awards and to host the ceremony and it was also great fun working with football icon Kevin Keegan.
“The UK meat industry does a brilliant job in feeding the nation, and recognising the very best is a privilege for us that we enjoy and are always delighted to facilitate.”